Chris and Kelly Byrd - Our Journey

Here is what happened.

Friday, July 13, 2012

My new blood chemistries

In addition to sleep apnea, my weight had caused me to have issues with high cholesterol, as well as poor HDL/LDL readings.  Now that I am at 183, I have had my numbers recalculated.  I believe that better eating habits, and the reduced stress and increased self esteem of the weight loss have all contributed, and now that I am adding back in the exercise, I have expectations of more improvements.

My cholesterol has dropped from 225 to 137
My LDL has dropped to 84, below the 99 goal and less than the 125 before.
My HDL has climbed to 40, above the 39 goal, and the first time it has ever been in goal.
My ratio is now 2.1, in the 3.6 and below range.

My triglycerides are at 65, below the 149 top of range.

Should you really care about my numbers?  Probably not, unless you just like me and want me to grow old.  My family is extremely happy, though.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment