Chris and Kelly Byrd - Our Journey

Here is what happened.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The ice cream curse - dieter beware

I have had two terrible weeks of managing my eating plan, and two of the instances were related to ice cream.  The long love affair I have had with Cookout milkshakes goes back to my daughter attending App State, home of the best Cookout milkshakes, as well as Lenoir which had a Cookout on the way to and from Boone!  So, this week I had two milkshakes from there.  They are so stinking good, that you almost get sad nearing the bottom.

Secondly I went to Brusters.  Now I have been pretty good there, getting the no fat or sugar added caramel ice cream there.  However, on this week, as Mr. Gordon would say, they were having a sale on waffle cones, which means my normal 100 calorie treat was up around 300.  worse still, I am confident that whatever they put in there as a substitute for fat has a limit to how much you can eat before it attacks your digestive system - creating the most amazing emissions known to mankind.  GO easy on this stuff!

The cool thing about this tragedy is that because I am staying true to the six small meal per day, my system has been able to handle the calories and keep me stable during this time of stress eating.  The plan works.

No comments:

Post a Comment